Tuesday, February 07, 2006

January Happenings

Well I guess I will just sum up January in a nutshell since nothing much happened anyway. We had Michele's wedding which I blogged about already.

R started Karate at the McKnight school. He likes it, then he doesn't like it. It's weird. The program is run by some Safe Kids organization. The guy who is the "sensei" is weird and he doesn't teach very well at all. There is a good Karate school near Staples that I wanted R to go to but when I took him there last year he didn't want to do it at all. This one is only $6 per week so I thought it would be a good (and cheap) introduction and if he liked it and went to more than one class, we could continue at the other school. We've been to about 4 classes so far and he's doing better ~ which is to say he's not complaining anymore about going. The problem is that the other school's time are really bad for us. They have a class for R's age at different times every day but one is at 4:30, 6:15, 4:00, 5:30, 5:15 and 10:15 on Saturdays. We could do the 6:15 and the 10:15 on Saturdays but we have to wait until Basketball is over because he plays on Saturday at 10:00. And Tuesday night isn't good either right now because of our Judaism class. Also the other Karate school will cost about $100 per month and they encourage you to go 2-3 nights per week. I guess that's to get your money's worth. They do have 2 free trial classes so I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks to take R there and try it out. Just something keeps coming up every Tuesday and Saturday which makes it impossible.

Our Intro to Judaism class is going well. DH and I have been doing this class every Tuesday night since November and it's over next week. I think tonight is the actual last "topic" class and next week is comments, questions, etc. about what we learned these last 16 weeks. I think it's been a great class. Some topics were more interesting than others, and some Rabbi's were better than others. I definitely liked the class overall and I'm really glad we did it.

That's about it for January. We celebrated Mom's birthday and R and J had a couple of birthday parties each to go to. The weather has been unusually warm this January but I've loved it.

1 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Gosh, I thought you meant Hebrew school. The class sounds interesting.

And it must be the age -- B decides that she'd like to do something and then changes her mind in an instant. Gets very frustrating since I don't want to drop tons of $ on things she doesn't want to do after one or two visits. We'll see about tee ball this spring, and soccer and gymnastics...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home