Friday, December 02, 2005

J's Potty Adventure

December 20
FINALLY progress.......... I HOPE! I got a call from daycare today. Jacob went poopy all by himself on the potty. His teachers were so excited. I spoke to him on the phone and got all excited. His teacher Heather told him that if he went poopy they would have a party and she went out and got him Munchkins so he was excited about that. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this adventure.

December 16
We're doing good on the pee pee but had nothing for the poopy yet. Today was a good and bad day. We had gone to see Mr. Ray. DH didn't come because he wasn't feeling good so I was on my own with the kids. My girlfriend and her DH were with us with their kids so I wasn't totally alone.

Mr. Ray goes on from 6-7 and the entire time I was in the bathroom. J said he had to go potty so we went to the bathroom and he went pee. Then 2 minutes after we sat down he said he had to go again so we went back to the bathroom. Then about 5 minutes later R said he had to go so J said he had to go to so we went again. R went, J didn't. 5 minutes after we sat down again..........see a pattern here...... J said he had to go poopy. Knowing that J never goes poopy on the potty and only goes in his pants, I entertained him and went again to the bathroom. Surprisingly he went poopy on the potty. We did a dance, I had a big smile on my face and we went back to our seat. 3 minutes later...........you guessed it!......... he said he had to go poopy again. Back to the potty we went. He actually went poopy again. So again, I was happy. We did a dance and I said to myself, as annoyed as I am, every time we went to the bathroom he's done something. I wouldn't have been so annoyed but DH wasn't there to switch off so I had to keep getting up and going back and forth to the bathroom myself.

It's about 6:50 and I've spent the entire hour in the bathroom but it's ok. J says that his stomach hurts but I said, well you just went poopy on the potty so I'm sure your stomach will feel better soon now that it's out. Then about 2 minutes later R says that J is under the table. I know what that USUALLY means but I don't think much of it because we JUST got back from the 2nd poopy on the potty. I look under the table and ask him what he's doing. He says "playing".

I sit up at the table and then have a horrible feeling come over me. So I look back under the table and say to J to come out from under the table. He comes out from under the table and says, mommy I have poopy in my pants. WELL, I saw RED. I dragged him back to the potty and found the biggest, mushiest poopy [sorry if I'm grossing you out] ever! I was so disgusted. All the "progress" he just made and he did this. I was so angry. I had a change of clothes with me back at the table but not with me in the bathroom but I was so mad at him I wanted to punish him for what he did so I got what I could out of his pants, which was most of it, and then I told him that he has to sit in the rest of it (which was just a little on the rim of his underwear) on the way home. He seemed to mind at first but then once his pants were up he didn't seem to care. I put his blanket down for him to sit on in the car seat and we drove home. I basically yelled at him the entire way because I couldn't believe he had just done all of that after spending the whole night in the bathroom. If I hadn't spent the entire night in the bathroom and he had just gone in his pants, I really don't think I would have been as mad as I was.

December 5
This was a bad weekend for the potty. Had so much to do so he mainly wore a pull up or a diaper all day both Saturday and Sunday. I put him back in underwear for school (let them deal with it) and thought for sure he'd have a few accidents. Well it's 2:45 and none yet. I'm convinced it's just me :-(


December 2nd
Last weekend we put J in some underwear to try that out again. I figured it was a long weekend over Thanksgiving so we'd give it a try. It suprisingly went ok. So we started sending him to school in underwear. He was dry for 2 days in a row so I went out and bought him some more underwear. He's been doing really great at school. Not one accident yet.

The problem seems to be at home. I don't know what happends but he can go from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with no accidents but from 5:45 to 8:30 he always has one. It's just at home. I don't understand why. We ask him a million times. He has plenty of opportunity to go and he either pees or goes poop in his underwear at home. I tell the teachers at daycare about this and they're baffled. They tell me that he even asks them to go potty. I guess I have to look at it as we're 80% there. It could be worse.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Ack! That would annoy me too, especially when you constantly ask him. S's training has pretty much stopped. We took a breather on the way down here, and I just haven't been following through. I should be asking her every 30 minutes, but the truth is, I just don't feel like dealing with it. I've got enough laundry to do without dealing with accidents.

We do try to entice S with promises of AN M&M, as in ONE, every time she pees or poops in the potty. However, she may pee a little, but never poops. She rather enjoys tooting on the pot though... *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home