Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Sad Day

Today was a sad day. My best friend of 20 years lost her baby today. She called me the other day and told me that she was having cramping and bleeding. The Dr. told her to rest and stay off her feet. She did listen but there wasn't anything they could do. She was in her 18th week.
Since she was so far along she acutally had to give birth to the baby and also had to have a D&C because the placenta was not coming out.

I thought of her all day long. I wanted to go to the hospital but she didn't want me to come and see her. I was torn on weather to go or not against her protests but I knew she still had to have the baby and I didn't think it was appropriate for me to be there. The baby was a girl and they named her Emma. Michele is a very emotional person so instead of leaving her baby there she is having a service for her on Friday. She feels that some people may think it's morbid but she gave birth to the baby, she has a birth certificiate and a death certificiate and she was a person so she should have a service and be buried. Knowing Michele for as long as I have, I understand that she has to do this and I support her 100%.

I'm sure Emma was given to Michele for a reason and I know Michele is such a strong person that she will in some way use this experience to make herself and her life better.

Goodbye little Emma, it would have been great to know you.

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

I'm so sorry for Michelle's loss; it's so heartbreaking and senseless. Do you remember when my mom lost her last baby? Maybe you weren't at MHK yet. Peter was stillborn at 7.5mos gestation and we had a funeral for him, complete with casket and priest. It was a little surreal, seeing the tiny casket, but also comforting in a way. Only my dad, grandmother, Paul and I were there; my mom was still in the hospital. It did give me some sense of closure though. I hope Michelle finds some closure.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Thanks. She's doing ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home