Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Virus, The Virus, part II and part III

There's an awful stomach virus going around daycare. Last Wednesday I had gotten a call that J had threw up. Being the good mother I am, I inquired about his illness and told them to call me back if he did it again. He had done it again about 12:30 and I went to pick him up. While I was there talking to his teachers about what he ate he threw up again, and again and again. Then when I got him to the bathroom, he had done it about 3 more times. There seemed to be a lull and I had a plastic bag in my car so we made the drive home. I'm happy to report he didn't throw up in the car.

The rest of the day was filled with some throwing up and a EXTREMELY awful BM that had me gaging for quite a while. I won't write the gory details but lets just say the BM was extremely explosive and he didn't make it to the bowl. We both jumped into the shower after that and it the clean up wasn't pretty.

All the activity stopped around 4-5 and he just layed on the couch looking pretty pastey. I kept him home from school the next day and he was running around like crazy, he was absolutely fine. No throwing up, nothing. Friday I brought him back to school and got a call at 11:45 that he threw up again. I thought they were joking. DH had an interview and was making the most of his day by going home after. I was able to catch him after his interview and told him that if J needed to be picked up, he was doing it. He said fine but when he called the school, he was told that J was playing and fine so he left him there.

Everyone was fine the whole weekend filled with 12-13 inches of snow.

Today is Tuesday, Feb 14th. Virus part II.

R woke up this morning by throwing up in his bed. Yep, he got it. And I'm not feeling so hot either. DH stayed home with R today. I probably should have because I feel kind of awful but I'm sure I'll be home at another time this week for myself. I just took some Tylenol Flu so hopefully that will make me feel a little better. We'll see................

NOPE! I got it too! I left work early yesterday (Feb 14th) and went home to lay down. I stayed in bed with my stomach hurting from 1:00 yesterday afternoon till this morning. I got out of bed once at 3:45 to throw up a few times and then went back to bed. My stomach still feels like it's in a knot but I definitely don't feel as bad as yesterday. The only one who hasn't gotten it yet is DH, I'm sure he'll be right behind us.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Oh blech! That is just awful. I'm surprised they let the kids stay so long after they threw up. Didn't they always want them out after the first bout?

Hope your stomach has recovered enough to enjoy Lorenzo's. I'm still jealous, by the way. We had planned on going to Outback tomorrow night, but now that DH is sick, that's on hold. I WANT STEAK!!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

They give them 2 times when they throw up like the do the BMs.

I will enjoy my steak tomorrow. I'll say "HERE'S TO JEANNE" before every bite.

We'll miss you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home